If you see a sign saying, ‘Marbella Golden Mile property for sale’ you can guarantee there will be a frenzy of interest, and if the property is part of the Puente Romano Beach Resort, there is no doubt that the property would be snapped up instantly. This is because the Puente Romano’s Golden Mile real estate ticks all of the boxes regarding luxury, privilege and location…Marbella’s Golden Mile is acknowledged to be one of the world’s most luxurious residential areas.
As its name suggests, the Golden Mile spans just over one mile (around 2kms), starting at the ‘Pirulí’ (known as the copper tower) the emblem of Marbella to Puerto Banús. The Puente Romano Beach Resort is located just a few minutes from Puerto Banús, enjoying a stunning beachfront location and beautiful promenade.
History of the Puente Romano
In 1954, the Puente Romano’s high-profile neighbour, ‘The Marbella Club Hotel was built by Prince Alfonso de Hohenlohe, as a playground for his jet-set friends, many of who decided to build luxury homes in the area, which is why it gradually became known as the ‘Golden Mile’. In 1979, the Puente Romano was built on the site of a Roman bridge which is located in the lush tropical gardens. The resort initially opened with just 20 suites. In 2022, the property underwent a full reservation and today there are currently 263 guest rooms, suites and private villas, surrounded by sub-tropical gardens and was awarded ‘Best Resort’ by Conde Nast Traveller Awards 2023.
Andalusian luxury village
The resort is designed as a traditional Andalusian village, offering over 20 restaurants, bars, cafes and nightlife, including La Suite Nightclub and big names in gastronomy (see full list below) such as Michelin starred Málaga chef Dani Garcia.
- Cipriani Marbella: A Venetian favourite offering classic Italian cuisine with dishes from Harry’s Bar in Venice in a fun and warm atmosphere.
- Nobu: Nobu Matsuhisa’s foodie temple delivering classic Japanese with a hint of Peruvian flavours.
- Fendi Beach Club Puente Romano: The world’s first Fendi Beachclub, trendy relaxed chiringuito serving healthy food and positive vibes.
- La Plaza: Enjoy a cocktail or a show in this charming square located at the heart of the resort at the centre of most bars and restaurants.
- Sea Grill: Delicious breakfasts, long lunch and evening meals, international and Mediterranean dining with fine wines.
- Celicioso: A dedicated gluten free restaurant where you can enjoy pastries, shots and a glass of champagne.
- Coya Marbella Pisco Bar: An exciting innovative mix of Peruvian, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish cooking techniques.
- Coya Pool: Delicious Peruvian cuisine served in a sub-tropical paradise with a chic pool club ambience with daily DJ performances.
- Jardins sur Mer: Experience authentic Japanese cuisine and enjoy a superb menu of succulent sushi dishes.
- Monkey Club: An intimate dining experience for foodies and international connoisseurs, where your every request is anticipated.
- Leña: Award winning steakhouse and brasserie by Dani García incorporating international influences from Dani’s worldwide travels.
- Bibo: Dani García’s ‘tapas with a twist’ offering elegant sophisticated dishes with hints of flavours from all over the world.
- Lagom! Café: A relaxed day time venue where you can enjoy the best coffee in Marbella, a lovely lunch or indulge in sweet treat.
- Cheat (poolside): Laid-back poolside diner and cocktail bar offering classic American favourites all day long.
- Rachel’s: A beautiful bistro offering healthy handmade dishes, drinks and protein shakes, perfect for a long lunch by the pool.
- Patio Sur: The perfect bar and outdoor cinema where you can relax with friends, enjoy the Andalusian surroundings and watch events on the big screen.
- Thai Gallery: Traditional authentic Thai cuisine, experience a fusion of textures and flavours presented with Far Eastern flair.
- Les Jardins due Liban: Enjoy authentic Lebanese flavours and soak up the exquisite decoration and ambiance.
In July 2023, the world’s first Fendi beach club opened. The Italian fashion house completely remodelled the Puento Romano chiringuito in striped fabrics representing iconic collections and introduced a pop-up store. If you prefer French luxury brands, there is also a Dior store within the hotel complex. After intensive retail therapy, there is the opportunity to relax in the Spa and wellness centre, or to enjoy a round of complimentary golf and there is the world-famous Puente Romano Tennis Club, which is also an open-air venue. Both guests and owners of the resort’s luxurious beachfront apartments and penthouses have access to the hotel’s amenities, including the lush Persian and Japanese gardens.
Al Riyad Palace
The Saudi Arabian monarch King Fahd has also played a part in elevating the Golden Mile by building the Al Riyad Palace virtually opposite the Puente Romano. Also completed in the 1970s, the royal complex includes a duplicate of the US presential White House, a mosque, private medical centre and helipad. The entrance is marked with the image of a giant white scimitar in the grass. The palace became the royal family’s summer residence, bringing glamour and further wealth, resulting in the creation of a luxury community of shopping, restaurants and nightlife, including the luxury amenities and eateries of the Puente Romano Beach Resort.
What else is on the Golden Mile?
In addition to the palace and the Puente Romano Beach Resort, there are a number of high-end property developments, such as Urb Ancon, home to the institution that is Victor’s Beach. There is also one of the most famous nightclubs in Marbella, Olivia Valere, and the relatively new Boho Club boutique hotel. Also, as befitting an area with so many fine dining opportunities, there is the highly acclaimed Les Roches International School of Hotel Management. The Trocadero Playa, beach club is also just a few minutes from the resort. If you head just a few minutes east towards Marbella, there are is also a selection of art galleries, boutiques and more restaurants including the Marbella institution that is Villa Tiberio. In the opposite direction, within a short drive you will be in Puerto Banús, with its famous marina and super yachts, designer stores, bars, nightlife and restaurants offering everything from fine dining to fast food.
The Costa del Sol is served by a superb network of private and public health facilities including several hospitals and private clinics. There is a comprehensive education system, offering a choice of international and private schools that offer a bilingual education. A healthy outdoor lifestyle is extremely achievable, there are superb sporting amenities at the Puente Romano, plus within a short drive you can be in the country side enjoying horse riding, cycling, kayaking in crystal clear lakes and rivers or head towards the beach for access to a wide array of water sports.
The Puente Romano Beach Resort is 54kms from Malaga International airport and can be reached in around 45 minutes, either view the A-7 coast road and the AP 7 motorway (toll road).
So, if you are looking for properties for sale in Puente Romano Andara Villas can assist in your search for your dream luxury property for sale in Puente Romano
Check out our selection of luxury apartments in Puente Romano for sale
Andara Villas is a premium real estate development company founded in 1996 by Eric Muller & Paula Tempelaar from the Netherlands. They fell into developing property by chance, having arrived in Spain with four children but couldn’t find a suitable family home. So, they decided to buy a plot and develop their own dream home.
At the time they had no idea that they would sell this property or that it would become the first of many development projects to win an International Property Award for ‘Best Villa in Spain’.
Some 25 years later, Eric and Paula have developed over 20 luxury villas in Marbella, Andara Villas works with a network of first-class architects and lawyers and is regarded as one of the leading luxury real estate firms in southern Spain. Today, they remain committed and passionate property developers and real estate advisors, with a talent for delivering luxury dream homes.